Carew War Memorial is situated in front of the medieval Carew Castle. The War Memorial takes the form of a marble obelisk, upon which are engraved the names of the fallen of the parish from both world wars. It was unveiled on 1 September 1929.
Eleven local men died during the Great War and twelve during the Second World War. Their names and personal details are listed on the following pages along with others whose name was not recorded on the Carew memorial.
Carew Cheriton Control Tower Group is grateful to Steven John for allowing us to use information from his own website http://www.pembrokeshire-war-memorial.co.uk Steve, who was born in Laugharne, has written several books about the lives of men whose names appear on West Wales war memorials. He is the author of a history of the “Carmarthen Pals”. All of his books can be purchased through his website.
*** This section is a work in progress and will be updated ***