The Carew Cheriton Control Tower Museum’s Standard Fordson tractor is nearing completion after a full restoration programme. This 1940’s tractor was widely used on wartime airfields towing bomb trolleys and fuel bowsers and also served with the Land Army and the wider agricultural industry.
Known as “the tractor that won the war” group members would like to thank Gerald Williams for leading the many hours worked to restore this Fordson tractor to perfect working order. Gerald is pictured with the tractor which has been painted in the wartime colour scheme it would have appeared in during its working days on the airfield.
Special thanks must go to Mr Clive Bates for his knowledge and expertise in the workings of this wartime tractor; without his help this fine restoration result would not have been achieved.